Monday, April 21, 2008

Don't be shy!

I know there are more of you reading my blog. And I am pretty sure there are more of you with ideas on cupcake flavors. So, don't be shy.... I have great plans. Okay, I don't know how great, but I sure plan on trying these flavors out.

So far we have:
Rhubarb Cinnamon.... mmmhhh, interesting. I will have to see how to incorporate the rhubarb without the cake part getting soggy.
Rote Grütze.... typical northern (?) German dessert. Love it. I already have some ideas on how to do this.
Jaffa.... YES, I love Jaffa cookies. I love chocolate with orange.
Snickers... mmmhhhh, love snickers. Could be interesting, with the peanuts and the caramel and chocolate.
Black bottom...I have made those. I wasn't too fond of them, but my neighbor loved them.

Anything else? Like I said... don't be shy.

Oh, and maybe this will inspire you comment. I made this little album for my cupcake recipes. There is space for pictures and little pockets for the recipes. Isn't it too fun?




Finally the weather around these parts is turning spring like. It is gorgeous outside. I might just have to do some gardening.

Have a good one.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Bounty-pineapple? Think I`d like it, even I never tried this combination with cupcakes.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

here we go ;-) peanut butter pretzel chocolate

Dörte Keßling said...

für die Schokoholics wie mich wäre Nutella-Walnuss-Karamel ein Traum ;o))

Simone said...

....jetzt habe ich (schon wieder) Hunger......;))
Mir würden ja total Peanutbutter-Grape Muffins gefallen.....

Oder was mit Vanille-Joghurt-Karamell.......

Anonymous said...

Mmmh - gehen eigentlich nur süße Sachen? Kann man auch "herzhafte" / gemüsige cupcakes machen, z.B. als hors d'oevre? Vielleicht mit Spargel und Rucola?
Und falls dass zu abwegig ist: Kokos-Erdbeer?

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I love your cupcake folder!!!

Christiane said...

this cutie looks great!! what's about *negerkuß*-cupcakes??
have a good one!!

Janine Langer said...

Aaah, das Buch sieht ja klasse aus, da sind die Ideen und Rezepte sicher gut aufgehoben!
Ich finde die Geschmacksrichtungen alle spitze, und ein Mohrenkopf-Cupcake würde mich ja auch mal interessieren. :)

Anonymous said...

only for cupcakes?
I have a recipie for a
Lemon-glazed Pound Cake
Or
Whoopie Pies
Just let me know on the message board at STM and I'll give you the recipies.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that little book! I think I might have to make one of those! It's cute!

As for a flavour suggestion, I LOVE lemon...maybe dipped in chocolate {can you tell I'm preggers!!??} Can't wait to see what you come up with!!! {{xo Amanda N.}}

Shannon said...

Here is a recipe for you Liz! I've never made them, but they sure do sound good!!

Caramel Mudcake Cupcake Recipe
Ingredients
3½ oz (100g) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
4½ oz (125g) butter, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup brown sugar
¼ cup golden syrup
2/3 cup milk
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup self-raising flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
Method
1 Preheat the oven to 330°F (170°C).
2 Line a 12 cupcake pan, with cupcake papers.
3 Combine the chocolate, butter, sugar, syrup and milk in a saucepan.
4 Stir over a low heat until melted and combined. (I had a few small bits of white choc that just would not combine - not a problem).
5 Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
6 Sift the flours.
7 Mix flours into the caramel mixture.
8 Next, stir in the egg.
9 Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases.
10 Bake for 30 minutes.
11 Remove tin from the oven, transfer to rack and cool.

BTW, I LOVE your cupcake book!!