Friday, August 24, 2007

wahhhh, my baby is growing up....(or back to school it is)... AND we have a winner!!!

I haven't really felt the urge to scrap these last couple of days. Lots of end of summer stress going on:

*shopping for school supplies (times 2)
*both girls attending a birthday party yesterday
*getting the house picked up and organized a bit (company is coming Monday)
*getting the kids' school clothes sorted (thankfully lots of Trouble #2's clothes still fit the neighbor girl... I was somewhat doubtful initially, #2 is so little and the neighborgirl, though only 4...well, she isn't so little)
*and finally.... time for my "first day of school-crafting". Time for Trouble#2's "Schultüte". She requested a Pegasus/Unicorn, with lots of glitter, and it had to be rearing. Not just plain old unicorn. Well, this is what I came up with. I am pretty darn impressed with myself, I have to say. That darn thing glitters and sparkles, and I haven't quite finished yet, but since a unicorn apparently needs a rainbow (did you know?) I still have to affix the "rainbow of ribbon" you see there behind it somewhere.... to flutter in the wind. LOL. This is what I have so far:




*And my PSA of the day is: do not use high temp glue guns. Or rather, do not shake it when it seems to get plugged because once it loosens, the glue comes-a-flying. Ouch!!! I have a big ole' burn on the back of my left hand. It looks nasty and it hurts.

Other than that... It's Friday night, I am sitting here in my PJs, enjoying a glass of wine.

Oh, I totally forgot, remember that early bird goodiebag we were giving away? No? Oh, come one... check it out HERE Congratulations!

And if you haven't signed up yet for our super fantastic weekend of workshops in Hamburg on the 29-30th of September.... head on over here, too, to check it out. We have loads of fun stuff planned and we'd love to see you there.

Have a good one.

No comments: