Thursday, August 02, 2007

5. round Stylin' Idol

well, it is finally up on the site, so I can post here as well. This is my LO for the 5th round of the Stylin' Idol contest. So far so good. I did something totally out of my comfort zone and was feeling downright "freestylish". Hope you like it.



If you'd like to vote for my LO again, click right here. The other LOs can be seen here.

For this LO I used Delta Ceramcoat as well as MM acrylic paint. I created the
background with a "peeled paint technique", whereby I covered the CS with one color (red), then covered it in modpodge, then in vaseline, then the second color (light blue). After everything was dry, I removed the light blue paint by washing it off. It comes off everywhere where the vaseline covered the paint below. Does that make sense? After that, I used a Heidi Swapp mask to create the flowers with dark blue acrylic paint. I also stamped the title with acrylic paint, using L'il Davis stamps. So,there's the three different paint colors. I also painted the chipboard flowers with the red and light blue acrylic paint, and then "blinged" it up a bit with stickles and liquid pearls. That covers the dimensional aspect. I also used stickles around the photo. Other materials used: masking tape, scrapworks rub on letters, hambly overlays, button and metal "doodad"... I have no idea what that metal ring is called that is around the button.

Here are some more detail pictures.





Have a good one.

2 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

awesome techniques and layout!!!

Christiane said...

of course i will vote for this great layout!! :))