Thursday, August 23, 2007

Of all the things to import from the US....

you know, the general opinion of the US here in Germany is not necessarily a good one. I don't know how many times I've had to defend my choice to live in the US for as long as I did and my desire to return as soon as possible. But, it seems Germans can't do with a few American items after all. And of all the things to import, next to the Newmans's dressing (Ranch...yeah, haven't been able to find that anywhere, had to stock up) what do I discover?

Tada!



Now, what on earth does one do with this stuff? According to the packaging, it is typical American, a favorite to spread on hot toast, enjoyed by young and old. It is praised as perfect filling or topping for cakes and other sweets, to add to hot chocolate and coffee, ideal for mixed drinks (?), and to refine fruitsalad. Mmmmmhhhh, I don't know, I lived in the US for 15 years and never once in those years have I seen anyone actually buy this stuff, much less use it... maybe to make fudge, but that's about it. So, did I miss out?

Well.. no matter what the "typical" American does with Marshmallow Fluff, I made 'smores cupcakes. And they are delish!

I found this blog a while ago and she had done 'smores cupcakes. What kept me from trying them was the Fluff! I was stumped as to what I could use as a substitute.

Until today! While aimlessly wandering the mini-mall to look for school supplies and school slippers for Hayden and equally aimlessly wandering into this store that I have a total love-hate relationship with, because it seems that anytime I buy anything there it is total crap...looks good on the hanger, looks good on me when trying it on, decent prices, but bring it home, wear it once, wash it once... total crap, falls apart, loses shape, cannot be seen in public wearing this aweful, crap. The store is always fabulously decorated, their advertisement makes it look totally classy and upscale.... and then! Ughhh. But I digress... they seem to carry food items as well. Don't know how that fits into the whole clothing and interior decorating scheme, but hey, maybe it is a whole "lifestyle" store. Anyway, I found the Fluff, I bought it, I got home, I baked!

As described in Sew Darn Cute, I used Martha's One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe.... can't beat Martha when it comes to basic recipes, and the Sew Darn Cute Frosting (2 sticks of butter, creamed, add 1 pound of powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 16 oz of Fluff). Yummy, yummy, yummy. Wanna see?



So there... are you drooling yet?

Have a good one.

No comments: