Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yummy!

I stumbled upon THIS blog a while ago and when I saw the recipe for Malibu Strawberry Lemon Crunkcakes I HAD to try them. I was getting a bit tired of Chocolate and Vanilla... not that there is anything wrong with Chocolate and Vanilla, but... I needed something different.

And this is what the cupcakes look like from my kitchen. I didn't have any Malibu Rum, but used Coconut Syrup and Vodka instead. I also added some Vodka to the strawberry puree, kind of like Strawberry Limes. So, with all the vodka, for once it seemed fitting to photograph them in a cocktail glass.

I think I might have to use my regular buttercream rather than the Italian Meringue, because mine is a bit lighter, but still... the cupcakes are super yummy, if I may say so myself.

And now I am off to get dressed and make myself presentable.... and then I am off into the city to see the lovely Ms. Nat.

Have a good one.

2 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

ohhh man- I can hardly wait!!!

GomollDesign said...

Sooo yummy!!! Have a fun time with Nat!!!