Saturday, July 19, 2008

One last post...

I think....taking a break before I head on to the next thing on my to-do list.
Got the wedding cake done. I was really sweating this one, because I didn't have a time cushion. Three days and no time to spare.
It ended up being a three tiered white cake with strawberry/red currant puree filling in the top and bottom cakes and raspberry puree filling in the mittle cake. Regular Vanilla Italian Meringue buttercream. And... because the bride wanted "more fresh and fruity" a layer of strawberry/red currant puree on top of each cake. The fillings and the puree on top of the cake caused me some headaches. I had never done this and was feeling a bit stressed... like, what if it doesn't work? What if I don't use enough gelatin? Or... too much gelatin and it slides off the cake? Remember... no time to spare, no time for redo.






Oh, and since I was baking anyway, I also made another dozen cupcakes for the store. These were chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate raspberry buttercream and sugared red currants on top.



I also did a pan of rocky road brownies and about 6 dozen or so vanilla chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate or vanilla icing for Trouble #1 & #2's good bye parties at school and after school care.

Somehow I think... I have had my share of baking for a few days.
Off to finish packing.... at least as far as I can, since not all laundry is done.

Have a good one.

6 comments:

scraptime said...

Du meine Güte, sieht die Torte klasse aus! Der Wahnsinn! Ich würd die echt gern probieren - das hört sich alles sooooo lecker an!

Christiane said...

yummie - das wäre genau die torte für mich!! irre, wie du das kannst!!
genieße deine auszeit!!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

wooooww- die Torte ist ja wohl der Killer!!!

Ich wünsche Dir einen guten Flug!!! Huge hugs

Kim Sonksen said...

Holy cupcake.....such yummieness. The cake is just amazing!!!
Well done chickee

Conibaer said...

Mh, das sieht ja oberlecker aus!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed by the cake! It's astonishing. I'm sure the bride was thrilled!!