Thursday, July 03, 2008

Getting "homesick"!

You know... I miss living in the US pretty much every day but come 4th of July? It's worse than any other day. I love, love, love 4th of July. And while we will be in NY in just 18 days, summer break just doesn't come early enough for us to celebrate 4th of July in true NY fashion. Ughhh!

In good news though, I don't have to go in to work tomorrow. Which means, after slaving away in my yard today, I don't have to squeeze yardwork in tomorrow, and I can concentrate on getting a cake done for a baptism on Saturday. It will be a (hopefully) elegant, two-tiered cake, with the blessing and name on the cake, and wee bits of blue buttercream. I will post pictures when it's done.

Oh, and Ms. Nat is having a birthday this Saturday, so I am going to be making some cupcakes. She requested Strawberry... but I can't just do strawberry, right? There will have to be a twist to the traditional. Mmmmhhh, what to do, what to do....

I am off to bed, have a good one.

1 comment:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Happy 4th July Sweetheart! I guess my visitors will miss the fireworks too :-)

Huge HUgs