Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Oh what a fabulous day!

I had been wanting to do this for a long, long time. And today was finally the day. After a lovely breakfast, Nat and I went and attended a meeting of the acrylic painting group of Ute Zander, a Hamburg artist, who has also published several books on acrylic painting. I found one of her books at our local library by accident and ever since, have wanted to attend one of her classes.

I had a blast playing around with all the paints and this is what I came up with:

and a close up of the largest one:


Now, mind you, none of the pictures are done. For example, the white one in the middle, all we did so far is create a textured canvas out of white paint and marble powder and sand. The next step would be to emphasize some of the textures and rework some areas. And then add paint. And add... and add...Same goes for the collaged piece. It's just the first layer.

So, nothing got finished today, but I had a blast.

And, as I had promised Nat, I made Rhubarb Cinnamon Cupcakes.
Now, they don't "look" like Rhubarb Cinnamon, but trust me they are. It is a vanilla cupcake with a rhubarb compote filling and creamy cinnamon buttercream. They are super yummy.

And who'd have thought that a day of painting could be so exhausting. I am ready for bed.
Have a good one.

3 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

It was really really cool!!!!

And I'm still full from my second yummie rhubarb cinnamon cupcake - mmmmh yummie!

Eeva said...

WOOOOW!!! They already look gorgeous to me!! Can't wait to see the end results!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, die Bilder sehen jetzt schon toll aus und bei dem Cupcake läuft mir das Waser im Mund zusammen...Yummy!