so, the socks are done. They turned out a bit snug and considering it is in the 70s I am not sure why Trouble #2 insisted on wool socks, but hey... they are done. My fancy knitting books didn't help me, though. I just couldn't figure out how they were doing the heel, so I went looking for different instructions online and wouldn't you know it? I found fabulous step-by-step instructions. So any of you.... Kimmy, I am talking to you... cannot figure out how to do the heel on a sock, check it out HERE. I actually knew how to knit socks a long time ago, just couldn't remember how. And the way the heel was being done in my books just wasn't making sense to me. The instructions HERE are pretty much how I used to do it.
And here is the masterpiece itself, modeled by chickenlegs... aka Trouble #2:
Oddly enough, now that I figured out how to do the heel again, I am obsession about figuring out the other way to do it. MMMhhh, maybe it'll work on the next pair.
Oh, I also made this scarf for Trouble #1. It is so wonderfully soft, but it was a PITA to knit. The yarn has these big pompoms and they don't really pull through the stitches. It is done now, but I don't think I am going to knit with that kind of yarn again.
Have a good one.