Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

So busy today! Three different Halloween parties for us, so there's lots of stuff to prepare.

Trouble #2 is going to a sleepover at a farm about 20 minutes from here. They are going to dress up, have BBQ, bonfire, roast marshmallows, hayrack ride, etc. etc. Other than getting everything but the kitchen sink packed, oh, and adjusting the waist on T#2's costume, since nothing ever does fit her properly, not much work for me.

Trouble #1 is going to a party at her best friend's house this afternoon. I made cupcakes for her to take along. After the party they are going trick or treating and then she is sleeping over with her friend at her friend's grandma's house, because of party #3, the grown-up party at her best friend's house....

... which is where I am going to be this evening. I can't remember the last time I dressed up for Halloween, but heck, I have a party to go to, I will dress up.

So, of course I didn't get around to taking pictures early, so those will have to wait til tomorrow.

I will leave you with a Halloween card I made for tonight's party's hostess, using the cute MyStampbox stampset Boo.
I stamped the little spiderweb on the background, then I dry embossed a piece of CS with my Cuttlebug and then spritzed it with Adirondack ColorWash and Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist. For the finishing touch I heat embossed the little mummies as well as the "Happy Halloween". I then painted some Luminarc over the mummies and used marker to color the "Happy Halloween". Last, but not least, I then used a circle punch to cut the stamped images and adhered them to the card with foam tabs.



So, now I have to go and walk Trouble #3, and since I will be gone tonight, set out the candy for any Trick or Treaters that might come by... actually, I am going to be the grinch that is not giving out candy, but little Halloween pencils and stickers. Just don't feel comfortable leaving food items out while I am gone. And I suppose then I will have to get myself all dolled up for tonight's party.

Have a good one.

No comments: